Monday 19 March 2012

Going Round In Springy Circles

Happy Monday everyone! Hope you all had a good weekend with St Patricks and Mother's Day! I had a wonderful day on Saturday at Stitch and Craft in Olympia so have lots of new crafty goodies and inspiration to play with - Hoorah!!

For this card I have combined two challenges: Inked Paws #2 Spring (you really must check out Kelly's Digis they are astonishingly beautiful!!) and Cupcake Craft Challenges #184 Going Round In Circles
Here is what I've done!

I clear embossed some flourish designs on the base card then inked over the top with my Distress Inks.
 I love this image from Inked Paws and when I say love, I mean LOVE!!!! She is called Bubbles and she is just amazing!! I know it's not the most spring like image but I was just so excited to use her. So have coloured her in with my distress inks in what I consider to be spring like colours! And added a bit of bling, although I hindsight I wish I had done these swirls in green so that they would be more like seaweed, oh well next time!
 Then I added some lovely vibrant flowers! I made the middle one, it's inked with Broken China Distress Ink and the other two are from Mulberry

 I cut out the image with my Scalloped Circles Nesties and also made a faux one to mat it on.
Haven't made a round card in a very long time, so it was fun and something different to crack out the round base cards!

Speak Soon
Nat -x-
Also linking to Make It Monday #81 

8 comments:

  1. popped in from make it Monday - I can see why you love this image she is rather gorgeous. really like the colours you have chosen and the blue flower is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty...I love circle cards! Thank you so much for joining us at Make it Monday this week!
    Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning! Good luck,
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nat

    Gorgeous card!! I love round cards although I have not tried my hand at one yet.

    You have done a fabulous job of colouring this great little image. I think the blue bling works perfectly as it co-ordinates nicely with the fantastic flower that you made.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful card! Your image is gorgeous and I love the flower you have made! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. so beautiful card….. love the combo and cute image
    i see it on Make it Monday….
    Hugs
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card.love the flowers and shape of card.great coloring.I saw your card at MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the way you have coloured her! Thanks for playing along with us at Inked Paws! Hope to see you again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came in from Make it Monday. Very pretty card.
    Hugs,
    marie XX

    ReplyDelete