Sunday 13 November 2011

Tag! You're It!

I was browsing around on Tim Holtz's blog the other day, as you do, cause I absolutely love everything he does! And he shared a link to a friend of his blog with a rock candy crackle technique which I thought was absolutely stunning! This is the link if anyone else is interested and as I've pretty much copied her tag so credit where credit is due: http://tammytutterow.typepad.com/tammy_tutterow/2011/11/tuesday-tutorial-frosty-deboss.html
I had to slightly change mine though as I don't have any rock candy crackle paint (although I am now waiting for some to arrive) so instead I debossed with clear embossing powder on the embossing folder and then embossed with clear embossing glitter and I think it produced a very similar effect! I then made my own flowers and I LOVE how they turned out and cut a little branch thing and used some walnut stain crackle paint on that to get a nice branchy look! Anyway here is my finished take on Tammys technique:
 Below is a close up of the debossed image hopefully you can see the sparkliness in the recessed parts!

I then started playing around with different colours and just debossed using the pine needles distress ink and left it as I thought it looked striking enough and used a mixture of peeled paint, vintage photo and frayed burlap to create these other looks:





I'm not entirely sure what to do with them now! Whether to put them on cards, or keep them as tags and put them on boxes? If anyone has any bright ideas or suggestions I would greatly appreciate them!!

Nat -x-

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags Nat...love the vintage look...would be lovely on gifts for Christmas or just hang on the tree...very pretty.

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nat. LOVE THEM AWESOME !! Love the shabby chic vintage feel to them and I would use them as card toppers .Love your flowers , they are stunning along with the embossing Love all the elements to them ...Oh did I say I love the tags ?
    hugs Shirley-anne

    ReplyDelete