Tuesday 14 February 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - Tag 1

I AM SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS!!!
Tim Holtz (absolute inspiration and craft love of my life - the man is just an absolute genius) has just introduced his 12 tags of 2012 where he will post a new technique and absolute shed load of genius and wonderousness onto the crafting world!!

Here is the link to his blog where you can see his Feb tag obviously all to do with Valentines!

And here is my version:

 I had to make a few alterations do to not having what he had but isn't that the fun of being a crafter!  So to do mine I stamped the LOVE stamp onto my tag and embossed it with white embossing powder, then I inked over the top with Distress Inks in Fired Brick, Festive Berries, Aged Mahogany and Worn Liptsick!!
 Then I cut a few hearts out using my Accent Essentials cartridge on the Cricut and also as I have no tissue tape i just used some ribbon and attempt to scrunch it onto a base heart, it didn't go quite as well as I had hoped but its not too bad! Also don't yet (but really want to get) some of the honeycomb paper so instead the top heart went through several variations! I started by just inking it with fired brick and then put 3 layers of clear embossing power on top, I then tried to stamp some heart stamps into the powder while it was still wet cause I'd seen a similar technique done by various people on You Tube! But it all just seemed to blend into one big red nothing! So then I stamped a bigger pattern stamp into the reheated embossing powder and dusted it with some Bronze Cosmic Shimmer Powder and also rubbed some Walnut Stain Stickles over the top and edged the heart with a black marker pen which has given it nice texture and a little more contrast against all the red!
 Then I punched a small border using a Fiskars punch out of brown card stock.  Then stamped and clear embossed the word YOU on the same card, then cut these out into individual squares, inked them slightly and embossed the edges with black and adhered them to the tag using foam pads.
 Then I added some ribbon and a little I charm with some string that has been stained with Worn Lipstick!
 So now my tag reads I LOVE YOU! Yay! Shame I have noone to give it to!!
Anyway LOVE it and get wait to get properly involved with all things Tags and Tim this year!!

Speak Soon
Nat -x-

3 comments:

  1. I love how you have done the I heart you on this tag. Great take on Tim's tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Que bonitooo!!! me encanta el corazon como te a quedado..

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the heart, it turned out really cool!

    Visiting from Tim's 2012 Tags
    Kristina
    www.pearlgateway.com

    ReplyDelete