Friday 24 February 2012

Faux Turquoise

I got a book for my birthday last week all about making Polymer Clay beads by Linda Peterson and it has all sorts of techniques in it for making faux stone effects! The one that caught my eye the most was the faux turquoise so I set about making some beads and a focal pendant and have ended up making what is I think my favourite piece of Jewellery that I have done to date:

Really really happy with it and absolutely loving the effect of the turquoise! Done by chunking up the clay then painting with black paint and smooshing it all back together once dry and slicing up!

Thank you very much to the incredibly talented Linda Peterson for all the wonderful inspiration in her book!!

Speak soon
Nat -x-

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Your necklace is gorgeous! A lot of time and energy has gone into creating this beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete