Tuesday 21 February 2012

Birthday Love

So it was mine and my Sister's birthday last week, and as such I made her a card that I thought I would share with you all:

 It is an 8x8 square card and I ended up incorporating lots of different elements like I have been playing around with recently! I started by just matting a piece of silver mirror board onto the base of the card!  Then I cut a 5x7 piece of purple card and debossed it using the cupcake folder for the Cuttlebug all-in-one, inking the raised side and then embossing with some clear embossing powder!
 Then I used my Spellbinders Nesties Scalloped Circles to cut out 2 circles one in silver mirror card and one out of pearl white!  Before cutting the smaller circle I first printed out my sentiment from the computer and foiled with my foiling machine (completely in love) and added some inking round the edges.
 In recent weeks I have also been attempting some wire writing, and although there is still a long way to go I thought this was fairly legible so I attached it to a large bow I had made with some pretty sparkly ribbon!
 I also made my own little 'hat pins' using some head pins and swarovski crystals just for that little added bit of bling.
 And of course my current favourite dies! I added some corners and a border strip using my Parisian Accents!
Quite a grown up card, but with a subtle bit of fun in the cupcakes - I hope :-)!
Speak Soon
Nat -x-

Make It Monday 77

6 comments:

  1. This is stunning xx Jan
    ps would love it if you could remove WV plz?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely and elegant piece! Saw you at Make it Monday. ~Diane (I am #115)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thank you for joining my blog. Feels so very nice! I popped over to see you and I am so glad I did. Your work is wonderful and so unique. I love the touches... the different touches you add, handmade, that make each card so special. And your clay jewelery came out gorgeous! Have you worn it yet? LOL Lovely.
    Manderly
    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, on your wire bending technique, or more like Holy Toledo!!!!! Great job... I would still be twisting and bending. No more attempts at being legible since this is perfectly done I think you've got it...So glad you visited me on MIM so that I got to visit you back and see you on MIM.

    Hugs
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi

    Beautiful card! How clever you are to do that wire writing.

    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card! I'm sure your sister just loved it. Glad I saw this on MIM.

    ReplyDelete