Monday 2 April 2012

12 Tags of 2012 - April

So its another Month, March was weird one it seemed to go on forever and yet it suddenly seems to be April!! Anyways the start of another Month means another Tag from Tim! And I was very spoilt during March as I took part in Creative Chemistry which was AMAZING!! I love that man! I'm feeling very inspired!  Now as usual I didn't have a whole lot of the stuff that was involved in the making of this tag therefore I improvised and this is absolutely my favourite tag I have made to date! I am SO PLEASED with it!!
So here it is!! The technique this month was to stamp on embossing folders and then emboss. So I don't have the reflections stamps or the texture fades, so instead I used a patterned stamp I have and a flourish bird from the All-In-One True Love set (I did try it with a frame but it was too small so I chose a longer embossed image).  Then I added all my Distress Inks also stamped around the edge with some brown DI with the same patterned stamp.
 I'd cut out this birdcage the other day, kind of by accident as I was just wanting the bird at the time but was using a piece of chip board that I'd already cut a shape out from, anyway it gave me this broken out look to the birdcage which I LOVE!!! SO HAPPY!  So the completely by accident (but I'm gonna pretend it was intended) I now had an image that had a bird flying out or escaping from the birdcage WOOHOO don't you love it when that happens.  The technique used on the birdcage was also from this months tag in that I inked with Distress and covered with Distress Embossing Powder then inked it again.
 Also part of this months tag were Tims word strips which I also don't own so I made my own with my own using polymer clay and stamps, made a sentiment that I thought went with my image and once it was baked I went over it with copper crackle paint and then wiped it off.
 I stained some crinkle ribbon and added a key charm! Have I mentioned I am SO CHUFFED with this!!! Yay I love creativity!!
Speak Soon
Nat -x-
Make It Monday 83

10 comments:

  1. Stunning Tag Nat. Saw this on MIM.. Loz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Natalie this tag is gorgeous! I love the broken cage! It works perfectly here.


    Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

    Michelle :o)

    Remember to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entrant. Be sure to mention you saw them on MIM. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nat what a fab tag ,great colours I love this with such fab details Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the broken cage and the idea of the escaped bird! I like how you made your own word strips. I hadn't thought of that!! I just might have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely tag. I love the clay piece you made..Awesome idea.Cool background too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous tag. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nat, that is soooo lovely! v

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, didn't finish what I was going to say! Thx for linking up to the Make It Monday party honey!

    Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so cool. I love the whole concept!

    ReplyDelete