Friday 20 April 2012

A Pearly Photo Frame

Hello Bloggers

I started this project a while ago, just because I wanted to try something a bit different and it's just been sitting around on the work surface for weeks not really doing much.  So I have finally decided to finish it off! Now it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination (but then what is) but I feel like it's a good starting point!

 I cut the shape out of my Cricut (making the frame with the Gypsy) out of a cereal box (I think) cause the thicker chipboard just kept getting stuck in the rollers, very annoying so if anyone has any tips or advice on what type of chipboard will happily go through the cricut I would hugely appreciate it!  Then I painted it with white pearl acrylic paint.
 Oh before I painted it I cut out these corners from the Tim Holtz Hanging Door Die cut and stuck those on first.  The roses are made from white polymer clay and I made them from a mould I made a while back from a Resin Rose my Aunt had put on a necklace for me, (I used Silicone Plastique to make it which I got here and it's so much fun!!)

 I added some freehand pearl paint swirls in the corners just to add a bit of texture.
I still need to work out the best way to make a stand but for now the basic form is complete and I'm pretty happy with it!! I shall be entering this into Diva's By Design Anything But a Card and of course Make It Monday.

Speak Soon
Nat -x-

5 comments:

  1. Your roses and pearls have made this such an elegant frame-- much much better than anything we can buy from a store!

    Cheers
    Sonia
    cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous frame Nat...love the corner dies and the roses add elegance, really lovely...

    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Nat! Great choice of color. And the embossing, swirls, pearls and flowers just add elegance to this lovely frame! Have a nice Friday evening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a gorgeous frame and looks so elegant with the colour. Love the roses. Have a nice weekend
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful frame and I love the shimmer. Thanks for joining the Divas challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete